8. Change ISN’T Always A Good or Easy Thing

(Last Updated On: October 20, 2018)

In order to change alimony, child custody and/or child support, a minimum of two things must be shown:

  1. A substantial and continuing change in circumstances; and
  2. At least one year has passed since the original award was ordered, except, as in the case of custody, there is evidence the child(ren) is/are in danger.

Furthermore, if both parents live in Arizona, the spouse changing residences MUST provide advanced written notice if the relocation is further than 100 miles from the other parent.

The non-moving parent has the right to request a hearing to STOP the move.

A parent who has joint legal and physical custody, who is required to relocate in less than 60 days after written notice, may ONLY do so if both parents agree or a court order is issued.

Posted in .

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *