How to Vet Your Divorce Lawyer
- How many divorce cases have you handled?
- Of those cases, how many have you been able to settle out of court?
- Does your firm practice collaborative divorce?
- Are you familiar with my spouse or my spouse’s attorney?
- What are your thoughts on mediation and negotiation versus going to trial?
- Do you have experience in negotiating child support, spousal support, financial settlements or business valuations?
- Will it be you or another attorney that handles my case?
- Can I meet anyone else that will play a role in handling my case?
- How/when can I best contact you each day? (hours, phone, email, etc.)
- Will you have time to devote to my case or do you have a heavy caseload?
- Will you consider my opinions before deciding on strategies?
- What are your feelings about spousal support?
- What is your retainer fee?
- What is your hourly billing rate?
- Do any of the fees that I am paying include the services of any other associates that assist you in working on my case?
- How will the billing be done?
- How much do you charge for letters and phone calls to my spouse’s attorney or me?
- How much do you charge for copies of all relevant documents?
- Are there any other fees that will be charged such as court filing fees, process server fees or other fees? Are these costs included in your fees or are they separate payments?
- Will I be billed for communication via email or phone? If so, how will this billing structure work?
Feel Free to Vet Us in Your Free Divorce Lawyer Consultation
Please follow and like us: