Arizona personal injury attorneys
Slip and fall accidents are this nation’s single largest cause of emergency room visits and are the third most common cause of workplace injuries.
Thrush Law Group handles all types of premises liability cases.
If you were injured during a slip, trip or fall on someone else’s property due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses associated with it.
It is the owner’s responsibility to keep their property maintained and safe.
Your injury may have occurred:
- At work
- At a commercial business
- At a private residence
- At publicly owned facilities and properties
Some causes of these accidents may be:
- Inadequate lighting and handholds (where required by law)
- Uneven or cracked walking surfaces
- Outside-of-code or badly indicated steps
- Improperly maintained carpeting or floor coverings
- Foreign substance in common area
Also, many accidents arise from hazards that property managers are aware of but do not remedy in a timely manner, such as liquids left on flooring in restaurants and grocery stores.
When property owners fail to provide a safe and secure place for visitors and you are injured, you have a valid premises liability claim. Retain a competent lawyer as quickly as possible so evidence can be gathered.
What to do if you are injured
If you have been injured due to unsafe conditions, it is important to do the following:
- Make a record of the scene as soon as possible, before property management corrects the dangerous condition.
- Take pictures. In many cases, photos of the scene taken after dangerous conditions have been remedied are inadmissible, so it is important to act quickly.
- Get witnesses’ names and contact information.
What we can do
Thrush Law Group will help you prove that the property owner was negligent by failing to keep their property free of hazards. Our attorneys can help you through a premises liability case by helping you recover medical costs, past and future lost income, pain and suffering, and any other losses sustained.